Chicken Soup is a simple meal, but it can be robust – full of meat and vegetables, and even pasta – and nearly instant to prepare. I’ve included both FBC (FreezerBagCooking) and One Pot methods, but also how you can make this into a couscous pilaf as well.
Pack in a sandwich or quart freezer bag:
- ¼ cup freeze-dried chopped/diced chicken
- ¼ cup couscous
- 1 Tbsp freeze-dried sweet corn
- 1 Tbsp freeze-dried peas
- 1 Tbsp dried diced carrots
- 1 Tbsp freeze-dried or dried diced onion
- 1 tsp freeze-dried garlic
- 1 tsp Italian herb blend
- 2 tsp low sodium chicken bouillon powder
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp or 1 packet olive oil
Place freezer bag into an FBC Cozy. Add 2 cups boiled water and the oil, stir well. Seal tightly and let sit for 15 minutes.
One Pot Method:
Bring oil and 2 cups water to a boil in a pot. Add in dry ingredients, stirring well. Put on lid, take off stove. Let sit for 15 minutes.
In cooler temps or at altitude, use a pot cozy.
Serves 1 – 2 (1 as a main meal, 2 as a starter soup).
To Make A Pilaf:
Use 1 tsp broth powder, and use only 1 cup water.
FTC Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links that give us commissions on products purchased. These items are what we used in the recipes. This includes both Amazon and Thrive Life.