An easy FBC (Freezer Bag Cooking) recipe that will fill you up on the trail! Beef Alfredo Rice has plenty of hamburger, along with corn and bell peppers and a smooth sauce to give flavor.
Beef Alfredo Rice
Pack in a quart freezer bag or sandwich bag:
- 1 cup instant rice
- ¼ cup freeze-dried ground beef
- ¼ cup freeze-dried sweet corn
- ¼ cup freeze-dried red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp freeze-dried onion
- 1 Tbsp dry alfredo sauce mix
- 1 Tbsp freeze-dried sour cream powder
- 1 packet or 1 Tbsp olive oil
Place freezer bag in an FBC Cozy. Add the oil and 1½ cups boiled water, stirring well. Seal bag tightly and let sit for 15 minutes.
One Pot Method:
Add the oil and 1½ cups water to a small pot, bring to a boil. Add in the dry ingredients, stirring well. Cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. If in cooler temperatures or at high altitude, use a pot cozy to retain heat.
Find dry alfredo sauce mix packets in the pasta aisle, or some stores put it with the packet mix area.