- 8 ounces small pasta shapes
- ½ cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 2 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
In a snack bag:
- ¼ cup shelf stable Parmesan cheese (green can)
- 2 Tbsp raw walnuts, diced
- 2 packets or 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4-ounce can no-drain tuna or a 5-ounce pouch
Add 3 cups water and oil to a 2 liter pot, bring to a boil. Add in the pasta bag, simmer uncovered for time on pasta package, lowering the flame on your stove as needed, stirring often. Take off the stove, flake the tuna in and stir, then add cheese and nuts.
The recipe is not salty, you may need to salt to taste, or add more cheese, if desired, although pouched tuna is considerably saltier – the stats below are based on the no-drain can.