- ¾ cup couscous
- ¼ cup diced sun-dried or freeze-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup cooked and dehydrated/freeze-dried hamburger or ‘beef’ tvp
- 2 Tbsp diced dried onion
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1½ tsp low sodium beef bouillon
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried garlic
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (or 1 packet)
At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag.
Add the oil and 1½ cups near boiling water and stir well. Seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 minutes. Fluff up. Salt to taste, if desired.
Add the oil and 1½ cups boiling water to the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff up. Salt to taste, if desired.