Split Pea & Bacon Soup
- 1⁄3 cup cooked and dehydrated split peas
- 2 Tbsp dry milk
- 2 Tbsp shelf stable bacon or bacon bits
- 1 Tbsp diced dried carrots
- 1 Tbsp dried hash browns
- 2 tsp lower sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp diced dried onion
- 1 tsp dried celery flakes
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried carrot powder
- ¼ tsp dried garlic
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried chives
At home pack everything into a quart freezer bag or a sandwich bag, depending on method used. Mark “Add 2 cups water”.
Add 2 cups near boiling water to the dry mix. Stir well, put in a cozy and let sit for at least 15 minutes, preferably up to 30 minutes.
Insulated mug method:
Follow as above, covering mug tightly after adding water. Let sit for 15-30 minutes as noted.
One pot method:
Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add in the dry ingredients, bring back to a boil. Cover tightly and turn off your stove. In cold temperatures put your pot in a cozy. Let sit for 15 minutes.