Cheery Cherry Pasta Salad
- 2 cups lower sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 15 ounce can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted and cooled
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt, if desired
Bring the broth to a boil in a medium saucepan, add in the couscous. Take off the heat, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Fluff up the couscous with a fork into a large bowl, toss with the chickpeas, cherries and almonds.
Whisk the dressing in a small bowl, taste for seasoning. Pour the dressing over and toss to coat. Let chill overnight and then pack into lightweight sandwich containers (such as Glad or Ziploc brand ones) with tight-fitting lids.
Makes 2-3 large portions.