Red Bean Stew
- ¼ cup dried diced carrot
- ¼ cup crumbled dried mushrooms
- ¼ cup diced sun-dried tomatoes (air dried)
- 1 cup cooked and dehydrated red kidney beans
- 4-ounces cooked and dehydrated small pasta shapes
- 1 tsp low sodium beef bouillon
- ½ tsp dried garlic
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp shelf stable parmesan cheese (green can)
At home pack everything in a quart freezer bag.
Add near boiling water to cover the dry items. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes.
Perk’s recipes call for “cover with water”. You can start with a 1:1 water to dry food ratio and more water as needed as well.
For a vegetarian version use vegetable bouillon.