- 2 Tbsp diced dried onion
- 2 Tbsp diced dried bell peppers
- 2 Tbsp diced sun-dried or freeze-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup cooked and dehydrated red kidney beans
- ¼ cup dehydrated canned hot chili beans
- 1 Tbsp tomato powder
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- ½ tsp diced dried jalapeños
- ½ tsp ground chili pepper
- 1/8 tsp each dried oregano, cumin, cinnamon
- 1 cup cooked and dehydrated/freeze-dried hamburger
At home pack everything together in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. For long trips, pack the meat separately in a small bag.
Add the beef to the bag and top with near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Add more water if needed.
Add the beef to the mug with dry ingredients. Top with boiling water. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Add more water if needed.
One pot method:
Put the dry ingredients in your pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Add more water if necessary. Turn the stove off, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. In cool temperatures use a pot cozy.
Optional: Add a ¼ cup of red wine. Top with a couple of tablespoons of fresh Pico De Gallo packed in.
Substitute freeze dried hamburger or TVP ‘hamburger’ flavor.
Perk’s recipes is the “cover with water” type. Use your eyes as your guide on how much. For soup a 2: 1 ratio of water to dry food is a good start.