- 1/3 cup couscous
- ¼ cup freeze-dried green peas
- ¼ cup freeze-dried sweet corn
- 1 Tbsp diced dried carrots
- 2 Tbsp shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dry milk
- 1¼ tsp low sodium vegetable bouillon
- ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp dry parsley
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp dried onion
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (or 1 packet)
At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer bag or a sandwich bag depending on method used.
Add the oil and 1¼ cups near boiling water to the bag. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Stir before eating.
Add the dry ingredients to a large mug along with the oil and 1¼ cups boiling water. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Stir before eating.
Bring 1¼ cups water and oil to a boil in your pot. Take off the stove, add in the couscous bag, stirring well. Cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. In cooler weather use a pot cozy to retain heat.