- 1 cup instant rice
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup dried vegetable blend
- 2 Tbsp shelf stable Parmesan cheese (green can)
- ½ tsp dried garlic
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 7-ounce pouch chicken breast or 5-ounce can with pop top
- 1 Tbsp or 1 packet olive oil
- 1 packet chicken stock broth concentrate
At home pack the dry ingredients in a quart freezer or sandwich bag. Pack along the chicken breast package, oil and broth packets and place cheese in a small plastic bag.
Add the chicken with broth, oil and concentrate to the bag along with 1¼ cups near boiling water. Stir well, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Fluff up and stir in cheese.
Insulated mug method:
Follow above directions, adding everything to your mug, Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Proceed as above.
One pot method:
In your pot combine the oil, chicken with broth, concentrate and 1¼ cups water. Bring to a boil, add in dry ingredients. Stir well, turn off heat. Cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. If in cold weather, put your pot in a pot cozy. Fluff up and stir in cheese.