Raw Sunflower Honey Balls
- 1 cup Raw Sunflower Seeds
- 1/3 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 5 large) (Costco, produce section)
- ½ cup raw almonds (Costco, baking aisle)
- 1/3 cup raw honey, preferably locally sourced
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
Add the sunflower seeds and dates to a food processor, run on high until small pieces. Add the remaining ingredients, process on high until a ball forms. Line a small baking sheet with parchment or wax paper and make 1 Tablespoon balls, rolling in your hands to smooth. A 1 Tablespoon Disher works nicely. Chill in the refrigerator, then transfer to an airtight container.
To carry tuck into a snack bag or light hard sided container.
Makes about 20 balls.
Easy to make, raw friendly and both kids and adults will love them. If you don’t like Medjool dates (and I’ll note that until I tried Medjools I hated dates, they are so different!), feel free to use organic raisins or prunes instead (D’Noir™ are great).
Do not serve to children under 1 due to containing honey.