- 8-ounces angel hair pasta
In a quart freezer bag:
- ¼ cup diced sun-dried tomatoes (air dried, not in oil) or freeze-dried tomatoes*
- 2 Tbsp butter powder
- 1 Tbsp onion powder or minced dried onion
- 1 Tbsp dehydrated capers*
- 1 tsp lower sodium chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp diced dried garlic
In a snack size zip top bag:
- ¼ cup shelf stable Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or 2 packets
- 3-ounce package shelf stable smoked salmon
Add 5 cups water in a 2 Liter pot and start bringing to a boil. When just starting to simmer take out 3/4 cup of the water and add it and the oil to the freezer bag. Seal tightly and put in a cozy to hydrate.
Bring the remaining water to a full boil and cook the pasta for time on package, drain carefully. Add the salmon, break up gently and toss to combine. Add the sauce and cheese, toss to combine.
If you prefer, you can do this over the lowest flame on your stove.