DIY FBC Mac n’ Cheese
- 1 cup dry milk
- ¼ cup shelf stable parmesan cheese or romano cheese
- 1½ tsp dried garlic
- ½ tsp onion powder (not onion salt)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 ounces cooked and dehydrated pasta
- 2 T olive oil (or 2 packets) or 2 Tbsp butter
Mix all ingredients except for pasta and store in a tightly closed container (plastic bag or tub). Keeps for 4 months, stored away from heat. Long term storage in the refrigerator is a good choice. Makes 5 servings.
Put pasta in a quart freezer bag, ¼ cup of the dry mix in a small bag, and pack with oil.
Combine ¼ cup mix with 2 tablespoons melted butter or oil and ¼ cup water. Toss with cooked pasta (to cook: cover with near boiling water, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 10 to 15 minutes, drain off any water).
Makes 5 batches.
You can find dried cheeses from a number of companies online, that can be used instead of the Parmesan. Use dehydrated cheese, not freeze-dried though.