FBC (Freezer Bag Cooking) friendly that will fuel you with protein.
Beef & Onion Trash-erole
- 1 cup instant rice
- 2 Tbsp diced sun-dried or freeze-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp diced dried shallots or onion
- 1 Tbsp shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp onion soup mix or DIY Onion Soup Mix (low sodium)
- 2 Tbsp cooked and dehydrated or freeze-dried hamburger or ‘beef’ tvp
- 1 Tbsp or 1 packet olive oil
At home pack the dry ingredients into a quart freezer or sandwich bag.
Add 1¼ cups near boiling water and oil. Stir well and seal tightly. Put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Fluff up.
Add 1¼ cups boiling water and oil to the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and let sit for 15 minutes. Fluff up.
One pot method:
Bring 1¼ cups water and oil to a boil in a small pot, add in the dry ingredients. Stir well, cover tightly and take off the stove. Let sit for 10 minutes. In cool temperatures or at high altitude use a pot cozy.