Spicy Sunflower Sauce
- 1/3 cup SunButter Natural Sunflower Seed Spread
- 2 Tbsp plain rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos, soy or tamari sauce or 1 packet(see notes)
- 2 tsp lemon juice (about 1 packet)
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ tsp granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 to 2 Tbsp sweet chili sauce (Thai style)
Stir ingredients until smooth. Carry in a tightly sealed container or small bag. If carrying on trail, use first day.
This can also be made on trail, with packets, if desired. Add all the packets into a snack size zip top bag, stir until mixed (or knead very gently).
If you are avoiding gluten, be wary with most soy sauce, it is often wheat based.