DIY Salsa Mix
- 1⁄4 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp diced dried shallots or onion
- 1 Tbsp tomato powder
- 2 tsp diced dried jalapeños
- 3 packets true lime powder (3/4 tsp)
- 1⁄2 tsp sugar
- 1⁄4 tsp dried garlic
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 3⁄4 cup water
Add ¾ cup room temperature water, stirring well and seal tightly. Let sit for 30 minutes to an hour to rehydrate. Knead the bag gently every 10 minutes or so.
Can be sped up by using warm (not boiling) water.
Makes 1 cup salsa. This is a considerable amount, you may want to halve the recipe.
For spicier salsa up the jalapeños to a Tablespoon. This would work well with part of the tomatoes replaced with diced dried bell peppers or freeze-dried mango.