Beef & Veggie Couscous Soup
- ½ cup couscous
- 2 Tbsp diced sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp diced dried shallots or onion
- 1 Tbsp diced dried spinach
- 1 Tbsp cooked and dehydrated hamburger or ‘beef’ tvp
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp low sodium beef bouillon
- 1 Tbsp shelf stable parmesan cheese
At home pack everything but the cheese in a sandwich bag. Put the cheese in a small bag. Mark “Add 2¼ cups water”.
Cover the veggies with just enough cool water to cover, let sit for 5 minutes.
Add 2 cups water to your pot and start heating up. Add in the veggie bag along with any remaining water. Bring to a boil, add in the couscous, stirring well. Simmer for a minute over a low flame. Turn off stove and let sit for 5 minutes.
Serve with Parmesan cheese.