- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/3 cups Medjool dates, pitted (measured after pitting, pressing in, used 17 dates)
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 + 1/16th tsp fine sea salt (which is a Dash + Pinch = Pinch Dash Smidgen Measuring Spoons)
- ½ cup Raw Coconut Butter
- 2 Tbsp raw honey or agave nectar
Add the cashews through salt to a food processor bowl, process on high until finely chopped and it comes together in a ball. Remove and put on a sheet of parchment paper, top with another sheet of parchment paper, press flat with your hands, then roll to cookie thickness with a rolling-pin. Take off the top layer and cut out 2″ circles, saving the scraps. Re-roll out as many times as you need, till you use up the mixture and have about 26 cookies. Transfer to a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in the freezer and let set up for about an hour.
Meanwhile place the coconut butter, sealed, in a bowl of hot water and let it soften to a liquid. Measure out and stir the honey or agave into it, beating until firmed up with a spoon. Divide between 13 of the cookies, placing a ball on each one, about 2 teaspoons worth. Press a cookie on top and gently squeeze to seal, pushing the filling between, or spread the filling with a frosting spatula. Store in the refrigerator wrapped. To avoid sticking, place parchment paper between the filled cookies if stacking.
Makes about 13 filled cookies.