Chewy Granola Bars
- 1 cup pumpkin seed butter (or any seed or nut butter)
- ½ cup raw honey
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil, melted
- 2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats, gluten-free if needed
- 1 cup natural shredded coconut
- ½ cup chocolate chips, any type*
Line a 9×13″ glass pan with parchment paper, set aside.
In a large saucepan heat the butter, honey, and coconut oil over medium-low until bubbling a bit. Take off the heat.
Add in the oats and coconut, stir in well. Add in chocolate chips, stir quickly (they will melt somewhat).
Scrape out onto parchment paper, use a spatula to spread out, and pack down. Use a scrap of parchment paper and press down with your palm to pack down tighter.
Chill for 2 hours in refrigerator, cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
For carrying, wrap each bar in a bit of plastic wrap.
Depending on diet needs and allergies, use your favorite chocolate chips. We used a white chip, though any will work.
Bars carry best in cooler weather, they will soften considerably above 70*.