Tomato & Herb Pasta
Pack in a sandwich bag:
- 4 ounces small pasta shapes (7 minutes or less cooking time)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomato flakes
- 1 ppacket broth concentrate (check your local store in the broth section for many choices)
- 1 packet or 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 packet garlic
- 1 packet oregano
- 4 packets Parmesan cheese
Bring 2 cups water to boil in your pot, add in pasta and tomatoes and broth and oil packets. Cook for time directed on pasta package, lowering flame on stove as needed to maintain a gentle boil, stirring often.
Take off stove, stir in garlic, oregano and 3 of the cheese packets, Cover and let sit for a few minutes, top with last cheese packet.
Meal packed weighs 6 ounces dry.
Like it a bit spicier? Add a packet of crushed red pepper flakes.
Tip for cleaning up and less chance of burning food: use hard anodized aluminium or non-stick for cooking in. One pot meals don’t work so great in thin-walled Titanium pots. Done eating? Wipe pot out with a brand name paper towel, it’ll remove the grease and flavorings without having to scrub.