- 3-ounce pack ramen or 4-ounce package chuka soba noodles
- 2 Tbsp diced dried carrots
- 2 Tbsp diced freeze-dried bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp diced dried onions
- ¼ tsp diced dried garlic
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp dried powdered ginger
- 1 packet Spam single or can (low sodium is preferable)
- 1 Tbsp oil or 1 packet
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 packet soy sauce
- 1 packet freeze-dried green onions
- 1 packet diced peanuts
Pack the ramen (discard flavor packet) and vegetables in a quart freezer bag. In a small bag put the seasonings. Put the vegetable and sesame oil in a small bottle and pack with the bags, soy sauce packet, Spam and green onions/peanuts.
Bring 2 cups water to a near boil. Add the water to the freezer bag, seal tightly and put in a cozy for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in your pot add about ½ the oil. Heat over a low flame. Add in the Spam and using a spoon cut it into wedges. Cook till turning golden brown and it smells of bacon. Take off the heat.
Drain any remaining water from the ramen. Add the remaining oil and ramen mixture to the Spam and return to a low flame. Start tossing with chopsticks. Add in the soy sauce and dry seasonings. Keep tossing till the pasta is just starting to get golden. Top with green onions and peanuts.