In a sandwich bag:
- 8-ounces spaghetti, broken in half
In a snack bag:
- ½ cup shelf stable Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp dry parsley
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 packets or 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs (see below for dried option)
- Half of a 3-ounce bag shelf stable chopped bacon
- Salt for pasta water
Bring a wide 2 Liter pot of water to boil, lightly salted. Add spaghetti, cook for time on package. Drain carefully and stash pasta in a clean bowl or new quart freezer bag. Reserve the sandwich bag used for carrying dry pasta, crack eggs in and beat till combined.
Return pot to stove, over a low flame. Add in oil and bacon, heat till sizzling, toss in cooked spaghetti and toss to coat. Turn off the stove, pour in eggs and toss constantly to coat/cook eggs. Don’t be slow, as you can end up scrambling the eggs. Just toss fast.
Add most of the cheese mixture, toss to coat.
Serve topped with the remaining cheese and a bit more bacon if desired.