A one pot meal, high in protein.
Smoked Salmon Pasta
- 4 ounces pasta shapes (7 minutes or less cooking time)
- 2-3 ounce pouch shelf stable smoked salmon
- 1 Tbsp or packet olive oil
- 1 packet lemon juice (1 Tbsp), or 2-4 True Lemon packets, or a fresh lemon
- Shelf stable parmesan cheese (green can)
Pack pasta in small zip top bag, tuck in packets with it.
Bring 4 cups water to boil in pot, add in pasta and cook for time on package. Drain carefully, reserving a Tablespoon or so of the pasta water in pot.
Add in salmon, oil, and lemon juice/powder, tossing well. Sprinkle a Tablespoon or two of parmesan cheese. Return pot to the stove and heat over a low flame for a minute or two, stirring often.
Serve with more cheese as desired.
To use a fresh lemon, cut in half and pick out seeds with your spoon or fork. Squeeze with your hand.