Herbed Tomato Couscous Salad
- ½ cup couscous (whole wheat or regular)
- 1 Tbsp tomato powder
- ½ tsp italian herb seasoning
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or 1 packet
- 2 Tbsp or 2 packets shelf stable parmesan cheese
At home mix the couscous with the seasonings and pack into a pint freezer bag or sturdy sandwich bag. Pack the Parmesan cheese in a small bag and tuck the oil packet in with the bags.
Add the oil and ½ cup cool water to the bag, stir well and let sit for 10 minutes to rehydrate. Stir well and add the cheese, mix in.