Blackberry Green Beans
- 1⁄2 ounce package freeze-dried green beans
- 1⁄2 tsp dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp onion powder (not onion salt)
- 1⁄4 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 cup wild blackberries, foraged
As you hike pick the wild blackberries. A drinking cup or mug works well as a picking vessel.
Find and remove the oxygen absorber from the green bean package, add 1 cup boiling water and seal tightly. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Drain off any remaining water carefully. Sprinkle in the seasonings, gently toss. Very gently fold in the berries, let sit for a couple minutes for the juices to release.
If you cannot find prepackaged green beans, buy them in bulk, weigh with a scale and pack into a quart freezer bag, proceed as above.
Serves 2 as a side dish.