Sun Dried Tomato Tuna Tortellini
- 8-ounces dry cheese tortellini
- ¼ cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced dried shallots
- 4-ounce package tomato pesto flavored tuna
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (1 packet)
- 1 Tbsp shelf stable parmesan cheese
At home pack the pasta and vegetables in a sandwich bag, sealing tightly. Pack the tuna, oil and cheese packets with it.
Add 4 cups water and the contents of the pasta bag in your pot. Bring to a boil. Once the water boils, lower the heat on your stove and simmer for a couple minutes. Turn off the stove and let sit for 5 minutes. In cool temperatures put the pot in a cozy to retain heat.
Drain off any remaining water carefully, then mix in the oil and tuna. Heat up if desired for a couple seconds, sprinkle in the cheese.