FBC Hybrid Thanksgiving On The Trail
- 1½ cups instant mashed potatoes
- ½ cup dry milk
- 2 Tbsp butter powder
- 1 pinch fine sea salt
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 Tbsp diced dried shallots or onion
- 1 Tbsp crumbled dried mushrooms
- 1 packet mushroom sauce or gravy mix
- 1 tsp burgundy wine powder (optional)
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce powder
- ¼ tsp dried garlic
- 7-ounce pouch chicken
- ¼ cup shelf stable parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or 1 packet
- 6-ounces lower sodium chicken stuffing mix
- ¼ cup freeze dried vegetable blend
in a quart freezer bag pack the stuffing mix. In a second freezer bag pack the potatoes, milk, butter powder and salt. In a small bag pack the dried vegetables and fruit. In another small bag put the gravy, wine and Worcestershire sauce powder and garlic. Pack the cheese in a small bag and tuck the chicken and oil with the bags.
Add ½ cup cold water to the vegetables. Seal bag and let sit for 5-10 minutes to rehydrate.
Bring 4 cups water to a boil in your pot. Add 1¾ cups to the stuffing mix, 2¼ cups to the mashed potato bag. Stir well on both, seal the bags tightly and put into a cozy till your gravy is ready.
Add 1 cup water, the oil, chicken with any juices, vegetables, 1 packet cheese and gravy mix to your pot. Bring to a boil stirring a couple times. Lower the heat to low, cover and cook for a minute or till the gravy thickens up.
Plate up, dividing up the potatoes and stuffing and drizzling the gravy over. Sprinkle the cheese on top.