- 1 packet red bell pepper pesto dry mix
- 4-ounces cooked and dehydrated pasta
- 2 Tbsp dried mushrooms, crumbled
- ¼ cup shelf stable parmesan cheese (green can)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil (or 1 packet)
- ¼ cup freeze-dried mixed vegetables
Split the packet of pesto mix into 4 portions, packing into tiny plastic bags. (makes 4 meals) Pack the pasta and vegetables in a quart freezer bag. Pack the cheese in a small bag and add it and the oil packet to the other bags.
Cover the pasta and vegetables with 1½ cups near boiling water. Seal well and put in a cozy for 15 minutes. Open bag and if any left over water, carefully drain off most of it, leaving a Tablespoon or two behind. Add in oil, pesto mix and mix well. Top with cheese and stir again.